Myna Chang writes flash and micro in a variety of genres. Her debut collection, The Potential of Radio and Rain, will be published by CutBank Books in 2023. Her stories have been selected for Flash Fiction America (W. W. Norton), Best Small Fictions, CRAFT, Fractured Lit, X-R-A-Y, Cheap Pop, The Citron Review, and others. She is the winner of the 2020 Lascaux Prize in Creative Nonfiction, as well as the 52nd New Millennium Award for Flash Fiction. Her work has been longlisted for the Wigleaf Top 50, and has received multiple nominations for the Pushcart Prize, Best of the Net, and Best Microfiction.
Myna is an editor, interviewer, and reader at several journals and anthologies. She also judges creative writing contests and participates in scholarship and grant panels. She hosts the Electric Sheep speculative fiction discussion group & reading series, and is a member of SFWA, HWA, and Codex.
A few recent highlights:
- Published in The Sunlight Press, nominated for Best Microfiction 2023.
- An Editor’s Choice selection in the 2021 CRAFT Creative Nonfiction Award.
- Published in Barren Magazine.
- Selected for Flash Fiction America (W.W. Norton 2023). Winner of the New Millennium Award for Flash Fiction, as well as the Women on Writing Flash Fiction contest. Originally published in Bending Genres.
- Published in The Citron Review and included in the 2022 Wigleaf Top 50 Longlist.