Despite the utter nastiness of 2020, I had a good year on the writing front. Highlights:
Winner, Lascaux Prize in Creative Nonfiction
Nominated, Best Microfiction
Featured, Best Indie Spec Fic
Finalist, New Millennium Writing Flash Fiction Award
30 publication acceptances
Placed Top 10 in a handful of fun contests
Met a crowd of wonderful writer friends!
Here are a few of the stories:
- Playground Doctrine — Winner of Lascaux Prize in Creative Nonfiction, originally published in Atlas and Alice
- Restoration — Nominated for Best Microfiction 2021, in X-RAY Lit Mag
- My favorite story this year: The Potential of Radio and Rain in New World Writing
- Air So Thick — Finalist in New Millennium Writing Flash Fiction Award, featured in Flash Flood Journal
- And They Lived Happily Ever After — at Writers Resist
- Another favorite: Point of View in Antipodean SF
It was a tough year from a health standpoint — shoulder surgery, kidney stone, associated grumpiness — so I have not been on top of blog updates. And it’s been kinda nice to be free of this godawful new WordPress editor for a few weeks. So I’m putting the blog on hiatus until my shoulder is back to 100 percent, or until I’m feeling energized about it again. In the meantime, thanks for reading my stuff and good luck in the new year!